Thursday, January 3, 2013

New Year, New Attitude


Welcome to 2013! 

I've learned to enjoy the start of a new year - reviewing the past year with its ups and downs, and then thinking about all the possibilities for the coming year. 

But for many years past, January 1st was a difficult time for me. It only reminded me of all the things I couldn't do, all the dreams that were still on hold, all the challenges I was still facing. 

So if that's where you find yourself today, I want to encourage you. You may not be able to change your circumstances or remove your challenges, but you CAN choose the attitude you want to develop in the midst of them.

Perhaps you can choose this year to focus on gratitude. There is always much to be thankful for, no matter how difficult life is. Practicing gratefulness every day makes a huge difference in how we experience life, even the painful times.

Or maybe you'd like an attitude of determination, to never give up! One thing I've learned is the value of hope. And I can testify that even for those who are severely ill, there really is help available. Don't give up! 

Or an attitude of courage, patience, finding joy in simple things, etc, etc. 

There are many positive attitudes we can pursue that will benefit us. Even if it seems like nothing is changing in our situation, God is still at work to change US! And ultimately that is the most important thing, right? 

So what attitude will you adopt and pursue this year? 

Personally, I'm asking God to help me practice an attitude of fearlessness. Whatever comes my way this year, I pray I'll face it fully confident in Jesus!

May God strengthen and encourage each of us to live this new year with a new attitude!

No comments:

Post a Comment