Thursday, June 27, 2013

The Best Medicine


There are a lot of "medicines" out there today. Some can be helpful, while others actually cause more problems than they alleviate.  

I believe the Bible is right when it tells us what is truly the best "medicine" for our whole being:

A joyful heart is good medicine, 
But a broken spirit dries up the bones. 
-Proverbs 17:22 (NASB)

Joy is a wonderful medicine with NO side effects! And it's compatible with all situations (believe it or not). And one of the best ways to cultivate joy is through laughter. 

I've written posts about laughter before, including this one about its great benefits and value.

As I watched a recent episode of Life Today, I was reminded again of how vital it is to keep cultivating joy in our lives. I hope you'll take a few minutes to listen to Dr. Don Colbert sharing about how laughter helps to heal the body. 

He also talks about how having an attitude of gratitude helps bring healing. I can attest to the fact that what we choose to focus on in our thoughts will increase. Making intentional choices to focus on gratitude and joy will help those things to increase in our lives. 

I know it's not easy to be joyful all the time (and sometimes it seems impossible). But with God's help, I believe it is possible to live in a habit of joy and gratitude. That is my desire, my prayer, and my goal. I will pray the same for you as well. 


If you need some help finding things to make you laugh, I included of some of my favorite laughter-inducing clips in this post last year. Enjoy! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment