Monday, June 24, 2013

I Can Try New Things

I wouldn't describe myself as overly adventurous, but before I got sick, I did enjoy having new experiences. Once my body went into "survival mode" though, anything new often seemed threatening or overwhelming. 

Thankfully, as my brain has healed, it's more open to new things. And as my health continues to improve, I've been able to exercise a little bit of my old adventurous spirit once again. =) 

So far it's only been in small things, baby steps I guess. =) 
- Last month my mom took me out for lunch and I ordered something totally different: a crepe. It was delicious (though a little on the sweet side for me). I really enjoyed it, and it was fun to try something new. 

- This month my mom talked me into watching an episode of Duck Dynasty. It's not my preferred genre of entertainment, but I watched it with her and did get some laughs out of it. =)

- I bought a shirt that's coral-colored. I don't think I've ever worn that color before, but at the moment I'm really enjoying it. =) 

- I actually planted something - dug a hole, got my hands dirty and everything! =) (My former experience with plants was watering them occasionally for my mom. I definitely don't have her green thumb.)

These are small steps, but at least I'm moving in the right direction. =) 

If you've been living in "survival mode," I hope you'll be encouraged that one day your adventurous spirit can return. We all go through various seasons in life. Right now I'm so grateful to be emerging from a season of suffering and transitioning into a season of new life. 

I praise God that I Can try new things! And I'm looking forward to all the adventures He has in store for me in the near future. =)


What is something new or different that you can do to brighten up your week?

No comments:

Post a Comment