Monday, March 18, 2013

"I Can" Monday


Happy Monday! =) 

I hope you had a good weekend. I actually made it to church yesterday for the first time since Christmas! Praise God! =)

Well, if you need some encouragement (or laughter) here's another "I Can" celebration.

This week: I Can wear pink!

I know, that probably sounds funny, but for me it's worth celebrating! 

For some reason, ever since I was a teenager I detested the color pink. I never wore any clothes that were pink. My dislike was so strong that when my best friend got married, I talked her into silver bridesmaid dresses instead of pink (her first choice). Sad, I know. 

Well, believe it or not, after I started doing the DNRS brain retraining program last year, I found to my astonishment, that I no longer detested pink! In fact, I actually bought a pink shirt, and I'm wearing it right now. =)

I always thought my serious aversion to pink was just part of my personality. But as my brain began to heal, I've experienced many positive changes, including the unexpected ability to enjoy wearing pink. =) Hooray! 


What positive, unexpected changes have you had lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment