Thursday, May 3, 2012

What An E.I. Girl Needs - 3


*Sometimes an E.I. girl just needs to scream!*

Ok, this feeling probably isn't limited to those of us with E.I. Maybe you feel this way right now. 

For me, the need to scream has often been in:
- moments of frustration at not being able to do "normal" things like everyone else
- moments where the absurdity of my life was overwhelming
- moments when I had no words for what I was experiencing and feeling
- moments when I just couldn't understand what God was up to.

In moments such as these, sometimes a girl just needs to scream.

Personally, I prefer a version of the Tarzan yell. Thankfully, my mom understands this need and is never shocked when I let loose with an "Ahahahahah!" =)

Of course, screaming doesn't solve anything in our circumstances. But it usually helps me release some of the pent-up emotions, so I can face life more sanely once again. 

I think the Lord understands when we feel like yelling to the sky. (Being considerate of other people of course.) 

Psalm 62:8b says, "pour out your hearts to Him, for God is our refuge." Sometimes I think we need to pour out what is in our hearts before we're ready to let God fill us with His thoughts, attitudes and emotions.

So if you're having one of those days where you feel like screaming, maybe you can find an isolated place and just let it out. Then may the Lord fill you afresh with His all-sufficient love and grace.


No comments:

Post a Comment