Saturday, September 17, 2011

The Whole Package

For most of us, when our health starts to deteriorate, we want to just take one pill and be well. Or do one health treatment and be well. Or go to one doctor and have them 'fix' us. Etc.

The reality is that our bodies are complex and intricate. By the time we start to notice symptoms, there are usually many health issues involved, not just one problem.

I think anyone who's been on this health journey for very long will tell you not to expect to find one super-doctor or one 'miracle' treatment.

In the past 7 years, I've consulted over 40 doctors in 8 states. Some were helpful; others were harmful. Gradually, my mom and I realized we would have to take bits and pieces of helpful information from various sources and put together our own comprehensive 'health program.'

Over the last two years, these are most of the things I've been doing consistently (daily or weekly):

- lymphatic massage
- detox bath
- deep breathing
- stretches & mild exercise
- rebounding
- physical therapy (once a week for a year, now only when needed)
- various supplements
- natural remedies
- coconut oil (internally & externally)
- diet changes (as needed/possible)
- CBT allergy treatments
- keeping a non-toxic environment (as much as possible)
- breathing sea air (when possible)

There are other basic things in my lifestyle that help - plenty of water, sleep (10-11 hours for me), laughter, prayer, encouragement, etc.

My body has needed this complete package. One thing alone wouldn't have been enough to produce the level of improvement I've experienced.

There are many things I've tried that didn't help. There are other things I've considered doing but haven't been able to try yet. And I continue looking for new information. I want to keep learning so I can do what's best for my body.


The important thing for you is to work out your own program of what helps you, and then persevere.

If you keep looking for that one "magic" pill, you'll be disappointed.

As you continue seeking wisdom and knowledge, I pray the Lord will guide you. I know He will help you put together the whole package that you need.


"If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him." -James 1:5

No comments:

Post a Comment