Friday, September 2, 2011

Comfort

I've been reading through Psalm 119 lately. While this is the ultimate Psalm about the power and beauty of God's Word, many of the verses specifically address suffering.

Today I just wanted to share with you some highlights from this Psalm that I have returned to over and over again and have found great comfort in.

May God's precious Word speak peace and consolation to your soul today.

Blessings,
-Joanna


(from Psalm 119)
28 My soul is weary with sorrow;
   strengthen me according to your word.

50 My comfort in my suffering is this:
   Your promise preserves my life.

68a You are good, and what you do is good;

75 I know, O LORD, that your laws are righteous,
   and in faithfulness you have afflicted me.

92 If your law had not been my delight,
   I would have perished in my affliction.

107 I have suffered much;
   preserve my life, O LORD, according to your word.

165 Great peace have they who love your law,
   and nothing can make them stumble.

175 Let me live that I may praise you,
   and may your laws [Word] sustain me.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment