Friday, May 27, 2011

Small Victories

One thing I've learned in the last 6 & 1/2 years is the value of celebrating "small" victories.

I can't tell you how many times I've prayed and asked God for instant healing. So far, His answer has always been "No" - but that doesn't mean He isn't answering my prayers. He continues to do many "small" but great works in my spirit and in my body.

I guess we think it's easy to praise God for a "big" miracle like instant healing, but we easily miss the less spectaluar things He does everyday.

So now when I finally get to visit the beach - I rejoice!
When I can take a B-vitamin supplement for the first time in years - I sing!
When I'm strong enough to eat dinner at the dining table - I lift up my hands in praise!

These little details may not be worthy of a TV interview, but they are still worth celebrating - because they are evidence of God's loving and powerful work in my life.

So when you make it through one whole day without sugar - rejoice!
When you can do two minutes of stretches instead of one - clap your hands!
When you eat a strange vegetable and actually enjoy it - laugh with joy!

Rejoice in the Lord and celebrate the victories HE gives - even when they're "small." =)

"They will celebrate your abundant goodness and joyfully sing of your righteousness. The LORD is gracious and compassionate...The LORD is faithful to all His promises and loving toward all He has made." -Psalm 145:7,8,13
.

No comments:

Post a Comment