Saturday, April 16, 2011

I CAN...

Living with Environmental Illness is constantly being faced with what I can't do. I can't - go there, do that, eat this, see them.... The ongoing limitations can be overwhelming at times.

Today I just want to praise God for the improvements in my health that mean there are some things I CAN do again!


- I CAN wash dishes!
It's been years since I've been able to stand up long enough to wash a few dishes. And believe me, it feels great! =)

- I CAN read books!
I don't know how many months it's been since I could hold a book in my hands without getting sick from it. I'm having so much fun reading that I'm actually in the middle of 4 different books right now!

- I CAN do 4 & 1/2 push-ups! =)
Ok, not every day, but at least once or twice a week. Yeah!

- I CAN listen to music!
There were a lot of months when I was so weak that any sounds, even good music, would make me feel worse. It's so wonderful to be playing Wayne Watson and Keith Green again!

- I CAN learn!
For a long time my body was in survival mode: eat, breathe, sleep. Thinking was a luxury I didn't have. But now I'm able to receive information, process it and learn - and I'm loving it! (My brain still isn't 100%, but I think it's at least 50% better.)


These are just a few of the things I CAN do again now, things I took for granted for many years. I praise God for His healing work in my body, and I pray I will enjoy every day, being thankful for what I CAN do!


"Give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus." (I Thess. 5:18)

No comments:

Post a Comment