Thursday, November 3, 2016

Some Encouraging Things

Hello, I have a few encouraging things to share with you this week.


1) The first is a blog post written by a friend of mine. I found it very insightful and encouraging, especially when struggling with how to handle limitations in a healthy way. I hope it'll bless you!

Sunday I sat in the hay barn and sobbed. My family was leaving for the baptismal service and I was being left behind. As I cried God DUMPED rain which reminded me of the song “Showers of Blessing.” It goes “Mercy drops round us are falling, but for the showers we plead.” The fact that I was able to walk up to the barn with my own two legs is an obvious “mercy drop.” Yet I sobbed because I wanted the ‘showers’ of blessing–being with people again, being at church, participating in spiritual milestones…
As I sat there crying and watching the rain pour down I wondered if it was wrong to long for what I didn’t have when I did have things to be thankful for. Were my tears getting out of hand? Were my tears helping me process and cleanse my hurt or were they making me a mud puddle to sit in? Was I processing my hard emotions or wallowing in them?


You can read the rest of her post here:
https://windowviewsblog.wordpress.com/2016/10/26/hay-bale-evaluation/


2) Next, a beautiful song that helps me keep things in perspective on the hard days. Hope it encourages you.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hh724PEkuTg


3) And lastly, some verses that are always helpful, no matter what we're going through.

But now, this is what the LORD says— he who created you, Jacob, he who formed you, Israel: "Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze. For I am the LORD your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior...Since you are precious and honored in my sight, and because I love you...Do not be afraid, for I am with you....” -‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭43:1-5‬‬

No comments:

Post a Comment