Thursday, April 18, 2013

Worship


It is good to praise the LORD and make music to your name, O Most High, to proclaim your love in the morning and your faithfulness at night. 
-Psalm 92:1-2

I've learned that one of the most healing things I can do is simply to worship God. 

Last year I started a habit of spending several minutes a day focused on worshipping the Lord. No other noise, no distractions, no agenda. Using hymns, praise songs, and worship songs, I spend precious time telling Jesus how wonderful He is and how much I love Him. 

This time with the Lord has become the best part of my day! It's also the hardest thing for me to do every day. I think that shows how important it is for my spiritual and physical health. 

Worship redirects our thought patterns away from the challenges of here and now, to the eternal reality of who God is. We were created for much more than what we can see today. Worship reminds us that God is working out His eternal plan for us.

Worship also connects our mind, emotions, spirit, soul and body. Chronic illness can make us feel disconnected in many ways. I believe worship helps to restore whole and complete function of who we are. 

Worship also enables us to express our love for God and to embrace His love in return. This alone is wonderfully healing!


I pray for you that you'll be blessed as you spend time in worship. And please pray for me to not neglect this awesome gift!


This song is one that inspired me to spend time with God in worship. I hope it will bless you also.  

No comments:

Post a Comment