Monday, April 8, 2013

I Can Eat Bananas (& other healthy foods)!


When I was growing up in Colombia, we had a banana garden behind our house. Since they were free (& healthy), bananas were a staple of our diet - fresh bananas, banana bread, banana salad, etc. 

Somewhere during the last eight years I became allergic to bananas. I couldn't eat them or many other healthy foods. For several years my basic diet consisted of pasta, hamburger, and peas (all organic). Pretty sad, I know, but those were the few foods that I tolerated ok. 

But praise God, over the last year and a half I've been able to eat so many healthy foods again! I can now eat organic whole wheat, honey, potatoes, carrots, cabbage, tangerines, broccoli, eggs, milk (raw)...and of course - bananas! 

I'm so thankful for the wider variety of foods I can eat now. (I even have some cooked spinach on occasion.) =) It's a blessing to be able to eat the healthy foods God created for us. 

After years of feeling like I was going bananas, I'm happy that now I Can eat bananas! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment