Thursday, November 8, 2012

Something Silly

I just found this poem that I wrote several years ago, and it cracked me up. This is what a sugar-free, wheat-free diet can do to you. =) 


Ode To An Oatmeal Raisin Scone 

O how fair you are, most precious of scones!
Your crispy, golden edges shine.
Your rugged texture oozes warmth.
There is joyous nutrition in your ingredients. 
The contents of your substance bring health.
Without sugar or honey, still you are sweet.
As moist as a dewdrop, you melt in my mouth.
Many snacks abound to grab attention,
But you alone have gained my admiration.
I will tell of your goodness.
I will share your recipe with others.
I will enjoy your flavor and benefit from your nourishment.
You are an Oatmeal Raisin Scone.
In you I take great delight!


Those of you who try to eat gluten-free can probably relate. It's good to keep a sense of humor when your sense of taste is somewhat deprived. =) 


By the way, I do still eat oatmeal scones, but I don't put raisins in them anymore. Now I make them with shredded coconut and just a bit of honey.

No comments:

Post a Comment