Thursday, March 31, 2011

What To Pray

This week I was thinking about my E.I. friends who are heavy on my heart. I want so badly to be able to change their circumstances, heal their bodies, and free them from suffering.

At the same time, I know that God has allowed me these years of health problems to bring about much good in my life. So even though I continue to ask Him to restore my friends' health, I thought of a few other important prayer requests...things I have often prayed for myself, things we can pray for anyone with E.I., maybe things you need prayer for as well, whatever your circumstances.

I hope these prayer requests will help you in praying for others and encourage you in your own relationship with God today.


Please pray for those with E.I. -

- to have sufficient courage to face each day's challenges. Some days we just don't want to open our eyes to another day of suffering. Only God can give supernatural courage.
"I eagerly expect and hope that I will in no way be ashamed, but will have sufficient courage so that now as always Christ will be exalted in my body, whether by life or by death." (Philippians 1:20)

- to continually meditate on God's promises, not negative thoughts, especially during sleepless nights.
"My eyes stay open through the watches of the night, that I may meditate on your promises." (Psalm 119:148)

- to find and hold on to hope - hope in God, but also hope for restored health. People with E.I. need to know that they can get better, that there are answers, that this illness won't last forever.
"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit." (Romans 15:13)

- to practice vocal praise to God, in spite of how we feel and what we see.
"Accept, O LORD, the willing praise of my mouth," (Psalm 119:108a)

- to learn how to be truly happy in God alone. There is a genuine gladness we can have in knowing God, regardless of circumstances. But only God can accomplish this.
"Satisfy us in the morning with your unfailing love, that we may sing for joy and be glad all our days." (Psalm 90:14)


Praise God that He hears our prayers and listens to our cries!
Thank you for praying.

Blessings,
-Joanna
.

No comments:

Post a Comment