Thursday, May 31, 2018

Air Quality Issues

If you've noticed an increase in asthma or allergy symptoms lately, you're not alone. Almost everyone I've talked to has had more problems recently. I think the reason is because of really bad air quality.

About three weeks ago I started having serious trouble breathing almost all the time. I assumed it was because of local issues - record heat, construction, etc. However, I soon found out that air quality around the country is currently bad.

Last week I drove from TX to FL and the air was bad the whole way. I've never experienced air quality this bad in the US before. (I have in foreign countries.)

There are several factors related to air quality. Heat, pollution, and ozone levels are some of the factors. Right now many places are having record temperatures. And in many cities there is a lot of new construction going on.

As far as ozone, here's an article that explains about the dangers of ozone near the ground.

https://www.thoughtco.com/ozone-not-all-ozone-is-good-for-earth-3443718

There are websites that rate and forecast the air quality each day based on various factors. Here's a site for the state of Texas. I'm sure there are similar sites for other states.

https://www.tceq.texas.gov/airquality/monops/forecast_today.html

It's important to check the air quality index and heed any warnings that are given. 

For now, until the air quality improves, it's probably better to keep doors and windows closed and run air purifiers if you have them. And be aware that people may experience more symptoms than normal - respiratory, allergy, headaches, etc. 

 Sometimes we forget how important air is, after all you can't see it or touch it. But it's necessary for life. Please join me in praying that God will heal whatever is causing this terrible air quality, so that we can breathe clean air again. Thank you! 


No comments:

Post a Comment