Thursday, May 4, 2017

Healing Truth

Today wanted to repost something that I hope will encourage you!

Wisdom and Health

I've been reading through the book of Proverbs again. There's so much wisdom in these ancient sayings. I wanted to share some of them with you today. 

I know some people read a chapter of Proverbs every day, but I've found that to be too much for me to think about at one time. I like to read just one proverb (or a few verses) at a time and then think about it all day long. I encourage you to do that with the following proverbs. Over the next week, choose one to contemplate each day, and let its wisdom plant deep in your soul. 

Blessings,
-Joanna


1) My son, pay attention to what I say; listen closely to my words. Do not let them out of your sight, keep them within your heart; for they are life to those who find them and health to a man's whole body. Above all else, guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life. -Prov. 4:20-23

2) Do not be wise in your own eyes; fear the LORD and shun evil. This will bring health to your body and nourishment to your bones. -Prov. 3:7-8

3) Reckless words piece like a sword, but the tongue of the wise brings healing. -Prov. 12:18

4) A heart at peace gives life to the body, but envy rots the bones. -Prov. 14:30

5) The tongue that brings healing is a tree of life, but a deceitful tongue crushes the spirit. -Prov. 15:4

6) A cheerful look brings joy to the heart, and good news gives health to the bones. -Prov. 15:30

7) Gracious words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones. -Prob. 16:24


And here's a bonus one:

He who gets wisdom loves his own soul; he who cherishes understanding prospers. -Prov. 19:8

No comments:

Post a Comment