Thursday, September 8, 2016

Super Fruits

Have you heard of super fruits before? This is something I recently heard of and began looking into. Different sources include different fruits on the list of "super fruits," but the main ones you'll see in a health food store are -

 acai
 goji
 mangosteen
 noni
 seabuckthorn

The reason they're called "super fruits" is that they are packed full of antioxidants, phytonutrients, and anti-inflammatory properties. They can help the immune system, digestive system, cardiovascular health, and much more.

Different fruits are helpful for various functions in the body. Such as, goji can help with eye health, noni with digestive issues, etc.

Dr. Axe has a few articles on his website about some of these super fruits if you want more information on specific ones.

Most of these fruits come in liquid form, though you can find some of them dried or as a powder. I decided to try a liquid product that contains four fruits (acai, goji, mangosteen, and noni). It does need to be refrigerated, but it's easy to take. I started very slowly with it, I think I took 1 tsp. at first. It made me detox some, so I didn't take it every day. But I do think it's been helpful for me.

Theoretically, any good and healthy food we can give our bodies should help them do the work of healing and repairing. I'm glad I gave these a try. =) If you decide to try super fruits, just remember to read labels and make sure there aren't added ingredients, such as preservatives, flavorings, etc.

Note: Generally speaking, it's best to only start one new product/supplement at a time. That way you can tell if it's causing any problems or being helpful. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment