Thursday, March 24, 2016

EI Verses

You've probably heard of personalized verses...where you paraphrase a verse to make it personal to you, sometimes even inserting your name.

Well, through the years I've not only personalized verses but also adapted some of them specifically to this EI life. Here are some of my favorite personalized/adapted verses.


Greater is the One who is in you, than the fabric softener, chemicals, and toxins that are in the world. (1 John 4:4)

And the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, and a longer while, and another while...will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast. (1 Peter 5:10)

I can do all things...including laundry, physical therapy, stretches, deep breathing, and all my other "chores"...through Him who gives me strength. (Philippians 4:13)

You have searched me, Lord, and you know me. You know when I don't sit and when I don't rise; you know all my thoughts; you know when can't go out, and when I'm tired of lying down. You are familiar with all my ways. You surround me; even in darkness you shine your light. Though I often forget, I know that I am fearfully and wonderfully made and that your works are wonderful, so I praise you. (from Psalm 139)

Praise be to the Lord, to God our Savior, who daily bears our burdens, weaknesses, pain, suffering... Our God gives power and strength to His people. (Psalm 68:19, 35) 

But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us. We are hard pressed on every side, inside and outside...but not crushed; perplexed, confused, questioning...but not in despair; persecuted, misunderstood, overlooked...but not abandoned; struck down, stuck down, laying down...but not destroyed. (2 Corinthians 4:7-9)

No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither allergies nor chemicals, neither weakness nor pain, neither isolation nor frustration, neither depression nor sleep-deprivation, neither grief nor fear, neither emptiness nor tears, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. (Romans 8:37-39)

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment