Thursday, June 19, 2014

Addressing Causes of Inflammation

Last week I shared some lifestyle changes to help reduce inflammation in general. Now let's address how to treat some of the specific causes of inflammation that I shared at the beginning of this series of posts.


- Cause: Parasites/Candida/Viruses/Bacteria 

There are some supplements that may be helpful in fighting these different infections, such as olive leaf extract, garlic, pau'dArco, etc. However, the most effective treatment we've found is Dr. Smith's CBT method. I tried just about everything else, especially for parasites and candida, but only the CBT method was truly effective for me. You can check Dr. Smith's website for a doctor who has been trained in CBT in your area, or send me an email and maybe I can help.

I think in some cases essential oils can help fight these infections, but my own use with them has been limited because of the smell factor. If you find someone who's knowledgeable about them, you can learn about their many benefits.

Also, taking a good probiotic is essential to building up your immune system so it will be better able to fight these infections.


- Cause: Toxins  

I recommend everyone makes use of ongoing detox therapies, such as lymphatic massage, detox baths, deep breathing, etc. With the amount of toxins we're exposed to these days, we need to continually help our bodies to detoxify. 

If you need help with detoxing a specific toxin such as mercury, lead, cadmium, etc. I always recommend my herbalogist. She's very knowledgeable about natural ways to heal specific issues in the body. 

Remember that detoxing is a process, and sometimes an unpleasant one. But it's definitely worth is. The more toxins you get out of your body, the better it will function and the more energy it will have for healing. 


Grounding - 

I also wanted to mention that another good tool for reducing inflammation is grounding. (Basically it's standing barefoot on the earth, the ground). I've mentioned grounding before for its other health benefits, but I was happily surprised to learn that it's also great for reducing inflammation! 

"When you're grounded there's a transfer of free electrons from the Earth into your body. And these free electrons are probably the most potent antioxidants known to man. These antioxidants are responsible for the clinical observations from grounding experiments, such as beneficial changes in heart rate, decreased skin resistance, and decreased levels of inflammation." -Dr. Mercola (from this article)
Here's a longer article about grounding. If you can, try to spend at least 10-15 minutes a day outside grounding. If that's not possible, then maybe consider trying some "earthing" products, which you can use indoors. (I haven't tried them yet, but a few of my friends have.) Grounding is such an incredible tool for healing, and it's simple and pain-free! =) 


Well that wraps up this series on inflammation. Do you have any questions? Or any other tips on how to reduce inflammation? Please share with us in the comments. 

No comments:

Post a Comment