Saturday, March 17, 2012

Good Read


Recently a friend sent me a book called An Honest Look at a Mysterious Journey by John & Joanna Stumbo. I just finished it and I highly recommend it! This couple's story is amazing. He was struck with a mysterious illness that almost killed him. The doctors still can't explain it. By God's grace John is still alive (I won't tell you the rest of the story...). Now he continues to share his testimony and to follow where God leads him day by day. 

This book is full of insights John gained by going through a health crisis, yet the truths apply to many situations that we all face. So much of what he wrote was exactly what God has also taught me in recent years. I found myself crying, sometimes laughing, and often saying "Amen!" as I read chapter after chapter.

I appreciate his "Honest Look" at a difficult trial, and I was blessed by his story. If you want to check out his blog and website, it's:
http://www.johnstumbo.org/blog/

I also just want to say a big THANK YOU to all of you who read this blog. Thank you for being part of my life and for welcoming me into your life. John's book reminded me again that none of us goes through life alone. We all have different stories, but we are still connected to each other as human beings and especially as believers in Jesus Christ. For that I am truly grateful.

Blessings,
-Joanna

No comments:

Post a Comment