Friday, December 2, 2011

Thankful

(I know Thanksgiving was last week, but I'm still thinking about being thankful.)

Thankfulness is a powerful antidote to many negative emotions - anxiety, frustration, despair, etc.

Dr. David Jeremiah says that gratitude is an attitude in your heart, but it's not thanksgiving until it's expressed. So today I want to express some of the gratitude that's in my heart. =)

10 Things I'm Very Thankful For -

1) Christmas music!
2) warm Florida winters
3) fresh ocean air
4) organic coconut oil
5) mashed potatoes and gravy (yum!) =)
6) that God created the body with the ability to heal
7) my wonderful friends and family who love me, encourage me, and pray for me
8) the Bible, God's Word - I'd be lost without it!
9) God's promise in Hebrews 13:5b - "Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you."
10) Hope for each new day.

Hallelujah! We have so much to be thankful for!

May you have a blessed weekend, remembering all your blessings. =)

1 comment:

  1. " . . . it's not thanksgiving until it's expressed." I never really thought of it that way! I have so much gratitude, but I could be more thankful.

    Great post! and Amen, hallelujah!

    ReplyDelete