Thursday, March 4, 2010

"Bottom 5"

You've heard of the "Top 10" list. This is the "Bottom 5" list, in honor of the fact that I have now survived 9 whole months of detoxing!

Now, you probably won't experience all these things as you detox, but for me here are the 5 worst things about detoxing:

1. "Toxic nightmares" - whenever I'm detoxing something especially nasty like pesticide or mercury, I tend to have really awful dreams all nght, sometimes so bad that I have to wake up and turn on lights and praise music. At least I know they are "toxin-induced" though and not because I'm crazy. =)

2. Being allergic to my clothes - the toxins are literally pouring out of my skin so that my clothes are so full of them, my mom has to wash them at least 3-4 times before I can wear them again without having a reaction. It's nuts.

3. An annoying rash that comes and goes whenever and wherever it pleases. - it especially likes to itch the worst in the middle of the night. Not fun.

4. All the detoxing symptoms - depending on what I'm detoxing, the symptoms can range from nausea, brain fog, or a metallic taste in my mouth, to trouble breathing, joint and muscle pain, headaches, etc.

5. Feeling like this detoxing will never end - no matter how many toxins my body gets rid of, it seems there's always more just waiting to come out. I get really tired of feeling "toxic."


There you have it. Now aren't you excited to start detoxing? =)


Here's a quick addition to my "You know you're detoxing..." list, from my friend Sam, who also suffers with E.I.

"You know you're detoxing...when a mosquito lands on your arm, bites into your skin, and expires."

Just think, it could be a new method of mosquito control! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment