Monday, July 29, 2013

I Can Go Shoe Shopping!

 It's been about 9 years since I went shopping for shoes.

Not only are shoe stores full of toxins. But even if I could have gone into a shoe store all the shoes are made in China, so what's the point of looking?

A few years ago my mom went shoe shopping for me, but it was frustrating and fruitless. She gave up looking in the stores, and we finally found some shoes (made in Italy) that I could wear by searching online. And I've been wearing the same pair of shoes for the last 3 years. (Not complaining, I'm thankful to have them!)

Well, last week we were in a small town in Missouri visiting one of mom's friends and right next door there was a little shoe store. So I decided to pop in and take a look. And they were having a sale! =)

I spent about an hour looking, reading labels, and trying on shoes. After all the years of no shoe shopping, I guess I had a lot of catching up to do! =)

I was so excited that they had several shoes not made in China! I finally settled on these little darlings - hoping they'll inspire me to get serious about exercise now. =)

My mom couldn't believe I stayed in the store for so long, but I did fine, praise God! And I had a great conversation with the sales lady as well (who was incredibly patient with me). I ended up praying with her before I left for a need she had. I felt like it was a divine appointment from the Lord.

We never know when, where and how God wants to use us to bless others, even in a shoe store. =) So for more than one reason, I'm thankful that I Can go shoe shopping!

Hooray for new shoes!










No comments:

Post a Comment