Thursday, May 16, 2013

Keep Learning


One of the most important things you can do for your health is to keep learning. 

There is so much health information available today, new research being done all the time, more people sharing their experiences with health struggles, etc. If we continue to seek knowledge we will be better equipped for living a healthy life in this toxic world.

Obviously, knowing which sources to trust and to spend time reading can be a challenge. But we shouldn't let that stop us from continuing to seek truth and wisdom for our health.

I know how tempting it is to think that I know "enough" to get by. But if we don't keep learning, we'll become stagnant and our health will suffer for it. 

I try to read at least one health-related book every month (or every other month sometimes). I've chosen a few health-related blogs to read regularly. And I've also joined a group on Facebook that's all about nutrition, health and wellness. From these sources, I continue to learn things that I've found helpful.

Right now I'm actually reading two books, that are both very good. The first is The Great Physician's RX for Health and Wellness. And the other is Your Mind at Its Best. Right now both books are on sale at CBD.com for $2.99 each. 

You can usually find health-related books at your local library, or online for not too much money. Jordan Rubin is, of course, one of my favorite authors in the health field. Some other good resources include the Know This magazine and blog. The EI Resource website also has a lot of information and helpful articles, like this one on keeping a healthy immune system.

Of course, we don't want to spend all our time simply researching healthy living and not actually living. But I believe it's important to devote some time to learning new things and actively pursuing a healthy life. I hope some of these resources will help you in this worthy endeavor. =)


What is one of your favorite health resources - a book, blog, website, etc.? 

No comments:

Post a Comment