Monday, May 27, 2013

I Can Party!

Yes, believe it or not, I can finally enjoy a good party again! 
(Of course, not in the "wild, uncontrolled party" sense, just in the "fun, silly, enjoyable party" sense.) =) 

Since my health crashed in 2004, I missed out on a lot of family parties, as well as friends' weddings, baby showers, etc. It was really hard to miss celebrating so many special occasions. Sometimes I cried. Other times I had peace even through the sadness of not being there.  

God didn't waste my pain though. He used those lonely times to make me more aware of His presence always with me. And I learned how to celebrate special days in new and different ways. 
(If this is where you are right now, I pray you'll find comfort in God's love for you. I pray you'll let Him fill your lonely moments with His sweet presence.)

Now, after all the years of missing out, I'm finally able to attend more celebrations, praise God! And I have a new appreciation for the value of a good party. =) 

Life can be hard, so when we have reason to celebrate, I think we should celebrate! =)

On Saturday I had a fantastic birthday party with my family! It was so much fun - filled with laughter, noise, silliness, hugs, and just the joy of being together. It was a wonderful time that will always be a precious memory for me. And I look forward to many more years of enjoying the fact that I Can party! 

Super E.I. Girl & Non-toxic woman ready for super-hero action!

Here's a photo from my birthday party.

No comments:

Post a Comment