Monday, April 15, 2013

I Can Breathe Deeply!


For years one of my main symptoms was trouble breathing. It started with an allergic reaction to something I ate, then it spread to all kinds of situations. 

The difficulty got worse over the years, until one day I literally felt like an elephant was sitting on my chest. There were times when I didn't know if I would be able to take another breath. 

Praise God, He always saw me through those moments and kept me alive! 

in 2009 I saw an osteopath who did a series of adjustments on my diaphragm that helped a lot! My diaphragm could actually move again, instead of feeling like a rock. 

Then I went to a breathing coach who timed my breaths (I only took 5 breaths in a minute - not good). He gave me some breathing exercises to do, which also helped. 

A few months later I began physical therapy. My therapist did an amazing job of releasing all the muscles, tendons, etc. that were tightened up for so many years. After every appointment my body felt more flexible and fluid than before. 

Occasionally I still had problems with my lungs during allergic reactions. Thankfully, as my allergies have healed, I hardly ever have those problems anymore. 

Now I do deep breathing every day. And I can't describe how incredible it feels to be able to take a big, deep breath and feel it filling my whole body with oxygen! It's amazing. I love it! =)

Something as simple as taking a breath can actually be very life-giving. And I don't take it for granted anymore. I praise God that I Can breathe deeply! 

"Let everything that has breath praise the LORD! Praise the LORD!" -Psalm 150:6


Can you do deep breathing every day?

No comments:

Post a Comment