Thursday, April 4, 2013

Hope


My health problems began when I was a teenager. I struggled with them off and on throughout high school and college. Then in 2004 I had to quit working, and for the next four and a half years my health continued to decline. 

Four years ago I was at the worst point. I'd seen more than 40 doctors. I'd tried everything I thought there was to try. Nothing helped. I was ready to give in to despair. I didn't think there was any hope for me.

Praise God for my mom! She never quit looking for answers. One day she told me she wanted to bring a massage therapist to see me. I was skeptical, but I reluctantly agreed. 

When Bob arrived, he shared his story with me. He'd lived with severe chronic fatigue after burning out as a pastor. Then as God taught him various things about health and the body, he gradually recovered. 

When he saw me, I could tell he realized how sick I was. But he looked in my eyes and said with a smile, "You are fixable!" 

Other doctors had said things like "Of course I can help you" or "I've had lots of patients like you." But eventually either they ended up shaking their heads in bewilderment at me, or I left before they could do any more damage to my fragile condition. 

Those doctors boasted of what they thought they could do. But when Bob looked at me and spoke those words, I heard it not as a boast or a human assurance - but as the Truth. 

And wonder of wonders - I believed him! For the first time, I had genuine hope that I could recover - that I really was "fixable."  

After that, God led us to several natural treatments that helped my body heal. And here I am four years later, healthier than I've been in years! 

I praise God for the way He created our bodies with the ability to heal. And I thank Him for the gift of HOPE. 

If you feel like you've tried everything and nothing helps, 
If you feel despair closing in on you,
If you're too tired to even care anymore,

...please hear this - You are fixable! 

There is hope for you!

God led me to the specific treatments my body needed. But I often read about people getting well using many other methods. Not everything works for everyone, but there are a lot of natural health options out there. 

So please don't give up! Keep looking for answers. Keep doing what you can do for your health. And find rest in knowing that God LOVES you! He has a purpose for your pain and a plan for your life. 

I pray God will lead you to the answers you need step by step. I pray you'll experience more of His love in this journey. And I pray you'll courageously hold on to Hope. 


For you created my inmost being;
    
you knit me together in my mother’s womb.
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
    
your works are wonderful, I know that full well...
    
all the days ordained for me were written in your book
    
before one of them came to be...
    
when I awake, I am still with you.
-Psalm 139:13,14,16,18

No comments:

Post a Comment