Thursday, November 10, 2016

It's Time!

This is a significant week for me. This week marks twelve years since my health completely crashed. Twelve years is a long time. I can hardly believe it's been that long.

The first four and a half years, my health actually got worse and worse, until I reached the point where I couldn't even speak or sit up. Looking back, it's a miracle to me that God kept me alive.

Then at the absolutely worst point, God gave me the gift of hope - of believing that I actually could get well. Hope and faith...just a seed, but enough to start me on an upward path.

It's been seven and a half years since that turning point. For seven and a half years God has strengthened me to persevere, He has provided helpful tools, He has grown the seeds of hope and faith, and He has healed me day by day.

Now, in this significant week, I've heard Him say, "It's time!"

It's time to close the door on twelve years of chronic illness.
It's time to say goodbye to the season of suffering I never would have chosen, yet am humbly grateful for.
It's time to praise God for ALL He has done in the last twelve years!
It's time to watch Him open a door to a new life for me!
It's time to celebrate!!!

It's hard to put into words all God is doing in my heart this week. But I wanted to at least try to share some of it with you - my friends, encouragers, and fellow sojourners. 

For years, I have longed for and prayed for this day. And many others have longed for and prayed for it as well. I believe it's time to praise God for answering those prayers; it's time to celebrate His faithfulness, goodness, graciousness, power, love, and restoration!

So I'll be posting special things on here for the next seven days, as part of my celebration! I hope you'll join me. =) And I hope my story will encourage you and strengthen the seeds of hope and faith in your heart as well.

I will exalt you, my God the KIng; I will praise your name for ever and ever...Great is the LORD and worthy of praise; His greatness no one can fathom...They will celebrate your abundant goodness and joyfully sing of your righteousness...The LORD is faithful to all His promises and loving toward all He has made...My mouth will speak in praise of the LORD.

(Psalm 145:1,3,7,13,21)

Here is a powerful song that has meant a lot to me through the years of suffering. I hope it blesses you.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cu7JtouWtu4

No comments:

Post a Comment