Friday, July 3, 2015

Exciting Newsflash!!!

I had to do an extra post today after my friend Sam called me last night with some good news!

Sam and his family were recently filmed for part of a documentary about people with MCS called "The Sensitives." The film's director does not have MCS, but he was so moved by the stories of people with MCS that he wanted to make this movie to bring those stories to others.

My friend Sam was quite impressed with Drew (the film's director). He was willing to go through all kinds of difficulties in order to film people with MCS (like sleeping in a tent, using special soap, wearing non-smelly clothes, traveling across the country, etc.).

I so appreciate the compassion of this man who is willing to endure hardships to reach out to those in isolation and suffering.

The good news is that the documentary is in the final stages of production! They've started a Kickstarter campaign to raise the funds needed to finish it. If you can, please consider donating $5 to this worthy project (you'll even get your name listed in the "thank you" at the end of the film). =) And please share about this project with anyone else you know who would help spread the word! 

Here's the link to the kickstarter campaign where you can watch a short trailer of the film and a behind the scenes snapshot. You can read more about this film and even hear part of a song sung by my friend Sam!
The campaign only has 11 more days to reach its goal, so please check it out soon. 

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/thesensitives/the-sensitives-a-feature-documentary?ref=category_location

I've asked for prayer for Sam and his family on here several times, and I thank you for praying for them. I'm just so excited that God has given them this gift of "being heard" - of letting their story be told and hopefully seeing it inspire others.   

I know what it's like to live in a dark place of suffering and isolation. My experience was short compared to many. Sam and his family have been walking this hard road for decades. But even in the darkness, I believe there is blessing. I read this verse this morning:

"I will give you the treasures of darkness, riches stored in secret places, so that you may know that I am the LORD, the God of Israel, who summons you by name." -Isaiah 45:3

Sam and his family certainly are treasures hidden in secret places. And there are so many more like them. Please join me in sharing about this film and raising awareness and compassion for those who too often feel like they have no voice.

Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment