Thursday, June 4, 2015

How To Find Made In USA Products


I've written posts before about the dangers of buying products made in China (here's one post from 2011). For various reasons, almost every made in China product is highly toxic (containing high levels of things like lead, mercury, formaldehyde, BPA, etc.). I realize it's not easy to find things we need or want that are not made in China. However, it's almost always possible to find an alternative if you know where to look and are willing to spend a little more time and money. 

I recently was looking for some nice shoes that weren't made in China. That's when I discovered a lot of great resources about where you can find all kinds of products made in the USA! 

Here's a website that lists dozens of American-made shoe companies: 

This site also has a list of products by state, or you can search for a specific product. I actually had a lot of fun just browsing their site to see what I could find. =) 

I also found this great website that is another directory of American-made products: 

It's good to remember that just because a product is made in the USA doesn't automatically mean it is "non-toxic". Some products just contain more toxins because of the materials they're made out of. But on the whole, you can know that the manufacturing standards here in the US are FAR above whatever is used in China. You can also be glad to support our country and its economy, support more jobs for people here, etc. 

Also, remember to always read the full description of any products you find on these sites, because sometimes the company will sell some products made in the USA but others are made in China or other countries. 

I've also found shopping on Amazon to be pretty good as well. They are very helpful If a product doesn't list where it's made in the description. You can post a question and people will reply. I've found several products I needed on Amazon that weren't made in China. 

A few stores are now carrying made in the USA products as well. If you read labels and watch the signs and sales, you'll see more of them. But online is still where most of these products are found. 

If you have any other tips on finding quality products made in the USA, please leave them in the comments. Thanks!

And here's one more site you can check out as well:

Happy Shopping! =) 


Note: This summer I'm planning to focus more of my time and energy on some writing projects that are in process. So I'll only be posting here every other Thursday instead of every week. I'd appreciate your prayers for me as I work on these projects, that God will direct and make them what He wants them to be. Thanks so much! 



No comments:

Post a Comment