Thursday, May 31, 2012

What An E.I. Girl Needs - 4


I'm sorry for the delay with this final post in the series. Here it is at last. Enjoy! =)


*Sometimes an E.I. girl just needs to be silly.*

I think as a teenager I was overly serious. Thankfully, God sent me a friend who was completely crazy. =) He always kept me laughing, and I never knew what he'd do next. (One time as we drove past a field with cows, he stuck his head out the window and yelled at the top of his lungs "Hey cow!" Just for the fun of it.) =) My friend helped me learn the value of a little silliness, and I'm glad he did!  

I can tell you that a sense of humor is an absolute must for those of us with E.I. (as it is helpful for any situation in life). My mom and I have often fought the difficult moments with a little wacky humor. Because sometimes an E.I. girl just needs to be silly!

Do you remember playing with your friends when you were 5 or 6? You did all kinds of silly things and it was FUN! =) I think we can all benefit from being a little silly now and then - talking to stuffed animals, making funny faces, playing make-believe with a child, reading a kid's book with all the different voices, or yelling "Hey" to a passing cow. =) 

Whatever you do, don't let life become so serious that you can't let go and do something silly once in a while. 

And if you need any help, let me know. I have silliness to spare. =) 


1 comment:

  1. LOVE the silliness! Never lose that... there is something pure about a childlike spirit that never grows old. Thanks for this post!

    ReplyDelete