Thursday, May 5, 2016

Miracle Trip

Last week I actually got on a plane and flew to TX! It was the first time I've been on a plane in about 10 years!

I stayed in a hotel and I did fine! I attended an amazing conference with other Christians in media and received so much inspiration and encouragement!

God blessed me with a roommate who understood my needs and was fragrance-free for me, praise God! The rest of the people weren't fragrance free, but I did really well with the various challenges that came up.

I praise God for how far He's brought me in the last 7 years since my health first started its slow recovery. Some days it felt like even though I was making progress, I'd never reach that goal of "well." But faithfully using all the good health tools I've found, and perseverance and prayer have indeed brought results, praise God!

I do hope that everyone who reads this has a faster recovery than I've had. But wherever you are, please be encouraged that recovery is possible! Keep doing what you can, one step at a time. Don't give up! Celebrate every victory and every step of progress. And know that God does hear and will answer your prayers - not always as we want or expect, but always what is ultimately for our good.

Thank you for your prayers for me through the years, and for celebrating this amazing moment in my journey!

Here are a few pics from my trip. :)



 at the airport

on the airplane, met a fellow Jesus-follower and encouraged each other
 with my roommate, an amazing lady from Ethiopia
 all dressed up for the fancy dinner =)

warming up for the evening session

After the conference I stayed two nights with a wonderful couple who's kids are missionaries. I wish I'd gotten a photo with them, but I didn't think of it until too late. I'm just not in the habit of using the camera on my phone. I met so many amazing people, but didn't think about getting pictures with them. But anyway, at least I had these few, to give you a little glimpse of my miracle trip! =)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Joanna, it's great to see pictures from your trip! Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete