Thursday, May 14, 2015

Some Days Are Like That...


I know I said I was going to do a post about hair and health this week, but I didn't have time to do the research I wanted yet. So that post will have to wait til next week. In the meantime, I thought I'd share an update on what's been going on with me. So here's a somewhat rambling description of my life over the past week. =) 


Last Thursday - I went to the beach for the first time since October. And it was a BEAUTIFUL day! The air was so clean and fresh, like drinking cool, clean water for the lungs. It was the most perfect beach day I've had in a long time. =) Thank you God for such a sweet blessing! 

Friday - The ants invaded our kitchen again. Between fighting them and trying to ignore the symptoms of my reaction to them, I was totally unmotivated to do any dishes. Why leave clean dishes out where ants will crawl on them and they'll have to be washed again? (In case you're wondering, we do have a dishwasher, but we don't use it because of my issues with it. So yes, we wash every dish by hand and leave them drying on the counter or stove-top.) 

On top of the ant invasion, my chair - my beloved chair - finally broke-finish. It's the chair I've sat in for years to do all my typing, puzzle-work, scrapbooking, eating meals, etc. It's been taped and re-taped to hold it together, but it finally bit the dust. Which left me sitting on the piano bench or standing up to work on my computer and such. I do have a comfortable office chair that I bought at a garage sale two years ago, but it still isn't completely decontaminated. It's been on my "to do" list for months to vacuum and scrub it so I can actually bring it in the house. ...maybe I'll finally get to that project next week. =)


Saturday - I was feeling pretty good, thanks to the effects of a great beach day, and in spite of the ants. =) I went to the first meeting of a ladies' Bible study that my friend and I planned. She's been so wonderful about working with my needs, so we met outside at a picnic table. Unfortunately, one of the ladies who came and sat next to me had MAJOR mold on her clothing. The GOOD news is that I was actually able to stay for the whole two hours of Bible study, which was awesome! The bummer is that once I left, the effects of the mold were in full force, and I spent three days in serious recovery. 

It can be so frustrating when you make a big effort to do something worthwhile, like meeting with other Christians for encouragement, and then you end up with serious health repercussions. But I am thankful for all the wonderful detox tools we have that helped me get through the aftermath. My friend was also very understanding, and next time we're going to try me just calling her and being on speaker-phone for the meeting. It won't be the same as face to face, but still better than nothing. (Appreciate your prayers with this one, not to get discouraged or give up. Thanks!)

Sunday - I spent the whole day doing things to recover from the mold exposure.


Monday - Still recovering, but I actually went to the park, and it was nice to get out of the house for a bit. =)


Tuesday - I drove a friend to the airport - another big victory for me! Haven't done that in years. God gave me amazing strength for it, including taking a wrong road and getting lost in downtown Orlando. Thankfully, using the map on my phone we found an alternate route and still made it in time. Praise God! =) I was exhausted when I got home, but thankful I could serve my friend in this way.


Wednesday - I went to physical therapy, the health food store, and grocery store. Talked with a couple friends on the phone. =) And that was pretty much my day.


Today - I managed to do a few dishes (no sign of the ants yet today) and write an email to a friend, in between resting, eating and keeping the laundry moving. This is definitely a 'recovery' day after the very busy, eventful week I've had. But as the children's book so wisely says, "Some days are like that...even in Australia." =)


Well, that's the quick update from here. I thank God for the progress, victories, and sweet gifts He gives me. Still learning to trust Him with the difficulties and frustrations, knowing He's always with me. I hope wherever you are, you're giving thanks and finding joy in both the challenges and the victories of this crazy life. =) 

God bless you.


No comments:

Post a Comment