Thursday, April 26, 2012

What An E.I. Girl Needs - 2


Hello friends! I hope you're having a good week and getting lots of hugs. =)

Hugs are great, but sometimes I need other things I don't enjoy as much. 


*Sometimes an E.I. girl just needs to cry.*

As a child I rarely cried. I only remember a few specific times. Living with E.I. however, definitely changed that. One of the main symptoms I've had with allergic reactions is to burst into tears. Sometimes I didn't even know what I was reacting to, but the sobs were definite evidence of a chemical or toxin I had encountered.

It's a strange thing never knowing when you'll suddenly produce a flood of tears. It drove me nuts for a while. Gradually my mom helped me see that the tears could be a good thing. Because sometimes a girl just needs to cry. 

Crying releases emotions, carries out toxins, and often helps the body relax again. (If you search "benefits of crying" you'll be amazed by the information.)

I've come to believe that tears are a gift from God. I don't always welcome them like I should, but I am thankful they are there when I need them.

And I'm very glad to report that I'm finally learning how to cry "happy tears"! As I progress with the DNRS brain retraining program, sometimes I'm so filled with joy and happiness that it overflows through my tears. Thank you Lord!


Question: Do you see tears as a negative thing or a positive thing?

No comments:

Post a Comment