Friday, March 9, 2012

Relax


How often do you relax? 

I mean "put your feet up, lean your head back, close your eyes and breathe deeply" kind of relaxing.

Once a day? Once a week? Once a year? 

I admit this isn't something I'm very good at either. Now that I'm able to be more active, I love to do things just for the pure joy of DOING! And when I'm not active, my mind is usually jogging down three or four different trails simultaneously. 

In our busy world it seems we're always on the go or at least our thoughts are always moving at a fast pace. I've discovered that ongoing activity and busy thoughts often cause my body to tense up. If I'm not careful I can spend a whole day in this "tense" mode without even realizing it. 

I'm learning how helpful it is to take moments now and then throughout the day to just "Relax." 

Be still. 
Calm the thoughts. 
Smile.
Breathe. 
Embrace this moment.

"A heart at peace gives life to the body" (Proverbs 14:30a).

I believe we need moments of stillness, of peace, of relaxation for the health of our bodies and our souls. 

Will you join me in practicing relaxing moments and learning to enjoy the gift of stillness? 

"But I have stilled and quieted my soul" (Psalm 131:2a)

No comments:

Post a Comment