Friday, March 18, 2011

Teach Me

I've had health problems for a long time, and I know a lot of people who are sick. The one thing we all pray continually is, "Lord, please heal me!"

We know God is our Healer, and thankfully we can always pray and ask Him for healing.

But I think many times God would like us to also pray, "Lord, please teach me."

Teach me how my body works.
Teach me what causes illness and why I'm sick.
Teach me about the things you have provided to help my body heal.
Teach me more about you through this trial.
Teach me to depend on your strength in my weakness.
Teach me whatever you want me to learn.
Teach me....

I can tell you that if God had healed me miraculously when I asked Him to several years ago, I'd never have learned all the things I know now. And I probably would have ended up getting sick again down the road, because I'd still have been ignorant of how my body works and what to do to keep it healthy. Not to mention all the spiritual lessons I would have missed.

I know our natural tendency in any trial is to just get OUT of it as quickly as possible! But God's goal for us is not a perfect life on this earth, but a life that is being transformed through our trials.

So as we continue to ask for healing, I hope we will also have courage to keep praying, "Lord, teach me."

"Teach me your way, O LORD; lead me in a straight path because of my oppressors.
-Psalm 27:11

No comments:

Post a Comment